Saturday 24 October 2015

Jorja's Lamb and Calf Day Recount

Calf and Lamb Day


We arrived at the gate adrenalin rushed down my spine as I was first to go in my leading, at calf and lamb day, grass ripped up everywhere as the hoofs of the calves and lambs dug into the ground.


I walked my lamb over to the start line and led it round the standard placed there in the grass, my lamb did not like the pulling as it was eager to eat grass.


Poo covered the grass and the scent of sausages and lollies covered the air, I tried not to be distracted as my lamb was next up for calling. The judge grabbed my lamb and unleashed it, my lamb Liquorice just stood there with its head held down and eating grass.


I had a great time at calf and lamb day even my lamb Liquorice did not do very well it was great to see everybody enjoying there day, especially me.

Teachers Note: The biggest day for students of Auroa Primary School is Lamb and Calf Day - students are able to bring either animal to school for show and competition.  Our students wrote recounts about this years event.  This is written by Jorja you can visit her blog by clicking on this link.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun event to have! Is this a school event? I am so glad you had fun! I definitely would be enjoying my day if I were there

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool! I wish we did this at my school!

    ReplyDelete